Loop Solutions helps your company develop sustainable waste management solutions and avoid landfill.
Our expertise, materials knowledge, and innovative product development solutions are what you need for your next corporate sustainability report. We offer solutions to extend the lifecycle of products, reuse materials, and turn waste into profit.
We are specialists in: Plastic extrusion and injection molding, organic waste treatment and beneficiation, waste plastic back to pellet, plastic compounding, TGA and DSC analysis.
- We focus on material circularity, landfill avoidance, and waste management and beneficiation
- We offer environmentally sustainable solutions to decrease waste
- Our product solutions are “good for the planet, good for people, and good for your company’s shareholders”
WHAT A WASTE!
“At least 33% of waste is mismanaged globally today through open dumping or burning.”
This is according to the World Bank’s WHAT A WASTE 2.0 report (A Global Snapshot of Solid Waste Management to 2050). It notes that the world generates 2.01 billion tonnes of municipal solid waste annually. At least 33% of that waste is not managed in an environmentally safe manner.
Loop Solutions focuses on turning waste into economically viable and environmentally sustainable products.
According to the Ellen MacArthur Foundation, the circular economy is based on three principles, driven by design:
- Eliminate waste and pollution
- Circulate products and materials (at their highest value)
- Regenerate nature
Loop Solutions & waste beneficiation
“Waste to landfill” is a notable (Key Performance Indicator) in any corporate sustainability reporting. We can help you improve your company’s participation in the circular economy.
The Loop Solutions team uses its extensive knowledge of material science to beneficiate waste and avoid overburdening landfills. We focus on material circularity with a strong emphasis on environmental sustainability.
“Waste is not waste, until it’s wasted” – Will-I-Am
Loop Solutions aims to help develop sustainable waste management solutions by turning discarded materials into usable forms.
Loop Solutions is currently busy with several initiatives that see waste being beneficiated into value-added products.
- Organic waste into high grade ethanol and animal feed
- Pre- and post-consumer waste plastic into extruded dam linings
- Injection moulding of agricultural sundries from first generation polycarbonate regrind
- Citrus processing waste turned into soap
- Mixed fibre textile waste turned into extruded wall cladding
The World Bank estimates that global waste will grow exponentially to 3.40 billion tonnes by 2050.
Material circularity is key to transforming our linear economy into a circular economy. It focuses on recycling or transforming waste materials so that they can be reused rather than dumped.
The world must focus on a circular economy to reduce its dependence on depleted, finite natural resources.
To this end, the International Resource Panel (IRP) was launched by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) in 2007. It aims to “build and share the knowledge needed to improve our use of resources worldwide.”
- Linear economy: Raw materials get extracted in their natural form, turned into products, sold, used, and eventually become waste.
- Circular economy: Raw materials get extracted in their natural form, the manufacturing process considers the future usage of the materials (material circularity) and incorporates this into the products which get sold, used, and recycled. They either become natural waste which is easily broken down, or are turned into a different form to be sold, and used over and over again.
Loop Solutions offers world class equipment and expertise
Our lab is equipped with a TGA (Thermogravimetric Analyser) and a DSC (Differential Scanning Calorimetry) which allows us to conduct thermal analysis on a variety of materials.
We combine science and our knowledge of materials to focus on material circularity solutions.
Our expertise include: Plastic extrusion and injection molding, organic waste treatment and beneficiation, waste plastic back to pellet, plastic compounding, TGA and DSC analysis